On episode 136 of the Americana Music Show, Steve Dawson of Dolly Varden talks to Rick Cornell about why he moved to Chicago, listening to sad songs in the 70's and taking his own song writing advice. Plus rock and roll from Javi Garcia, southern rock from the Deadstring Brothers, alt.country from David Hardin, a Carl Perkins cover by Willie Nelson, string band music from Woody Pines, altcoutnry from Gurf Morlix, country form Ronnie Fauss, and roots rock from Beth Lee and the Breakups.
Luke Winslow-King is a into pre-war blues and early jazz. He writes songs and plays a mean slide guitar. I have been thoroughly enjoying his latest album, The Coming Tide. It's got a bit of a gospel tinge to it. I'm adding "Moving On (Towards Better Days)," "Let 'em Talk," "Keep You Lamp Trimmed and Burning," and "You Don't Know Better Than Me" to rotation. http://goo.gl/06yBv
Kevn Russell, front man from The Gourds has a new solo shinyribs album out called Gulf Coast Museum. It's a great collection of Gourdish style Texas twang. I'm adding "Sweeter Than The Scars," "Take Me To Lage Charles," "Texas Talking," and "Song of Lime Juice and Despair."
Wayne Hancock is kind of a throw back to the Hank Williams days of country music. Most of the songs on his latest album, Ride, have that old school country feeling to them mixed in with a little bit of roots rock. They are fun to listen to and are a guaranteed pick me up. I'm
Rod Picott is bringing his Circus of Misery and Heartbreak tour back to Durham on May 25th for an exclusive one-night house concert and the organizers have graciously given me a pair of tickets to give away for the event. I'll be giving away one pair of tickets to a lucky winner on May 12th. So visit the giveaway page to enter to win.
Find your way back home,
- Sweeter Than The Scars / Shinyribs / Gulf Coast Museum / 5:05
- Take Me Lake Charles / Shinyribs / Gulf Coast Museum / 3:16
- Texas Talking / Shinyribs / Gulf Coast Museum / 3:26
- Song Of Lime Juice & Despair / Shinyribs / Gulf Coast Museum / 3:20
- Moving On (Towards Better Days) / Luke Winslow-King / The Coming Tide / 3:04
- Let 'em Talk / Luke Winslow-King / The Coming Tide / 3:17
- Keep You Lamp Trimmed and Burning / Luke Winslow-King / The Coming Tide / 2:52
- You Don't Know Better Than Me / Luke Winslow-King / The Coming Tide / 3:19
- You & Me / Luke Winslow-King / The Coming Tide / 3:33
- Ride / Wayne Hancock / Ride / 3:05
- Home With My Baby / Wayne Hancock / Ride / 4:05
- Cappuccino Boogie / Wayne Hancock / Ride / 3:51