Freeform American Roots Chart #221
- Margo Price: All American Made
- Chris Stapleton: From A Room, Vol. 2
- Hot Texas Swing Band: On The Beaten Trail
- Emily Herring: Gliding
- Mary Battiata and Little Pink: The Heart Regardless
- Dori Freeman: Letters Never Read
- Matt Patershuk - Same As I Ever Have Been
- Turnpike Troubadours: A Long Way From Your Heart
- Rod Picott, Out Past The Wires, Welding Rod
- D.B. Reilly, Live from Rar Bar
- The Hens: Chicon
- Tyler Childers – Purgatory
- Bob Livingston: Up The Flatland Stairs
- Billy Mata & The Texas Tradition: This Is Tommy Duncan, Volume Three
- Eilen Jewell, Down Hearted Blues
- Chris Hillman: Bidin' 'My Time
- Cousin Harley: Blue Smoke: The Music Of Merle Travis
- Wilco A.M.– Being There – Deluxe Edition(*JML, *DB)
- Phil Madeira: Motorcycle
- Billy Bragg, Bridges Not Walls
The Freeform American Roots (FAR) Chart is reprinted with permission from John Conquest of 3rd Coast Music.
I don't have a lot to say about this month's FAR chart. I didn't expect to like the Chris Stapleton album as much as I did, but I've been going back to it quite a bit lately, so I'm happy to see it near the top of the chart.
I am thrilled to see that the Hot Texas Swing band is getting some love from DJs. That's a fun album that is true to the spirit of old time Texas swing while still being enjoyable in these modern times.
I'm happy to see DB Reilly, Matt Patershuk, Tyler Childers, and Eilen Jewell still int he FAR chart after all these months. Just proved what good taste FAR DJs have.
I have not yet heard the Rod Picott album, but he's an interesting and entertaining songwriter, so you should check out his album if you get a chance.
And it's like revisiting an old friend to listen to the reissue of the Wilco albums AM and Being There that is worth your time even if you are new to Wilco.
Finally, I got the Phil Madeira album too late or I would have voted for his album. But I'll be putting it into rotation on my show soon. The level of musicianship on this album is stunning. I'd call it a modern jazz album more than Americana, but I'm not gonna let that stop me.