Freeform American Roots Chart #220
- 1 Margo Price - All American Made
- 2 Dori Freeman - Letters Never Read
- 3. Hot Texas Swing Band - On the Beaten Trail
- 4. Turnpike Troubadours - A Long Way From Your Heart
- 5. Chris Hillman - Bidin' My Time
- 6. Rick Shea & The Losin' End - The Town Where I Live
- 7. Lukas Nelson & Promise Of The Real - s/t
- 8. The Hens - Chicon
- 9. Chris Stapleton - From A Room, Volume 2
- 10. Matt Patershuk - Same As I Ever Have Been
- 11. D.B. Rielly - Live From Long Island City
- 12. Samantha Fish - Belle of the West
- 13. Cousin Harley - Blue Smoke; The Music Of Merle Travis
- 14. Hayward Williams - Pretenders
- 15. Larkin Poe - Peach
- 16. Rod Picott - Out Past The Wires
- 17. Eric Brace - Cartes Postales
- 18. Emily Herring - Gliding
- 19. Tom Russell - Folk Hotel
- 20. Whitney Rose - Rule 62
The Freeform American Roots (FAR) Chart is reprinted with permission from John Conquest of 3rd Coast Music.
I guess it comes to absolutely no one's surprise that Margo Price tops the charts this month. But it's the names further down the list that interest me the most.
First of all, good show for Whitney Rose hanging on to the chart. Her Rule 62 album has been out a while so it's good to see it has staying power.
I'm very happy to see Larkin Poe on the chart. I was afraid a lot of DJs would consider to bluesy to be considered for the chart. But those sisters know how to play and they bring a gritty raw attitude to their sound.
I'm surprised and happy to see Dori Freeman at the #2 spot. It's time she got her due. And Hot Texas Swing Band at #3. Oh hell yes.
Likewise for DB Rielly and Matt Patershuk. It would be easy to overlook the stellar songwriting on those albums, but the FAR chart DJs came through.
I missed out on the Turnpike Troubadours alum. I'll heard one single, but have not heard the whole album. But I'm a big fan.
The only negative note I'll add to this month's comments is the Chris Hillman album. While I totally bow my head in respect to him and the Byrds and Gram Parsons pretty much inventing this genre of music. This latest album of his left me cold. But I will always be interested in hearing what he's singing.