Ana Egge plays tracks from Say That Now and talks about working with the Sentimentals to craft the songs and why she chose to go in a rock & roll direction this time.
Also this week I’ve got that Shawn Colvin Steve Earle collaboration, new rockabilly from Ruby Dee, soul from Bonnie Bishop, honkytonk from The Bakersfield Glee Club and a classic Carl Perkins track.
|Associate Producer||Eric Dearing|
|Gregory P Einhorn|
|William Gordon Wright|
Pledge your support to the Americana Music Show on Patreon, and you'll earn producer credits on every episode produced while your pledge is active.
- You're Right (I'm Wrong) / Colvin & Earle / Colvin & Earle / 04:14
- When You're Gone / Amanda Shires / My Piece Of Land / 03:07
- Stuff From a Cup / Lonesome Shack / The Switcher / 04:44
- Groovy Babe / Durand Jones and the Indications / Now I'm Gone / 03:13
- Take You Break You Shake You / Miss Tess / Baby, We All Know / 04:01
- Mean Mean Woman / Ruby Dee And The Snakehandlers / Little Black Heart / 01:45
- Sit Here And Drink / The Bakersfield Glee Club / Where My Heart Broke / 02:35
- Southern White Lies / Martha Fields / Southern White Lies / 04:09
- Everybody Pays Some Dues / Royal Southern Brotherhood / The Royal Gospel / 03:06
- Not Cause I Wanted To / Bonnie Bishop / Ain't Who I Was / 03:55
- Interview w/ Ana Egge and tracks from Say That Now
- The Ghosts That I Run With / Bill Mallonee / The Power & the Glory / 04:24
- Miss Ohio / Eric Ambel / Lakeside / 04:49
- Meet Me in the Night / The Brevet / Embers / 04:57
- The Great Divide / National Park Radio / The Great Divide / 04:17
- One Last Time / Sara Watkins / Young In All The Wrong Ways / 03:08
- Wildwood / Chatham County Line / I Am What I Am / 03:07
- Real Gone Jack / Doug Prescott Band / Wasteland / 03:10
- Three China Ducks / Bill Jackson / Wayside Ballads Vol 2 / 04:30
- The Darkness / Mike June / Poor Man's Bible / 05:46
- Hard Man To Please / Lasers Lasers Birmingham / Royal Blue / 02:45
- Break These Chains / Tia McGraff / Break These Chains / 03:32
- Boppin' the Blues / Carl Perkins / Sam Phillips: The Man Who Invented Rock 'n' Roll [Disc 1] / 02:50
About Ana Egge
Americana Music Show Podcast Info
- Subscribe by email, by iTunes, Stitcher, or by RSS. It’s all free and you won’t miss an episode.
- Visit the episode list to listen to past episodes.
- Send your feedback about the show. I want to hear which songs you liked and which songs you didn't like!
The Americana Music Show is podsafe and copyright 2016 by Taproot Media. The music used on the show was submitted for promotional purposes and is used with permission. This show is free for personal, noncommercial use only. All other rights are reserved. See the notices page for more info.