The Tim Lee 3 are back with another collection of southern rock tracks straight from the "BBQ circuit." I like their brand of rock because its infused with a bit of an 80's vibe in it. The album is called Devil's Rope and I'm adding "Signal," "Devil's Rope," and "Says Baby Strange."
Hadden Sayers is a power-guitar master who plays blues and soul. His latest album is called Rolling Soul and I'm adding "Lay Down Your Worries" which he did with Ruthie Foster, "Don't Take Your Love (Out On Me)," and "Tippin' In."
Its not too often you get to use "gothic western" as an adjectie for music, but that's about the best I can do to describe The Walkabouts' album, Travels In The Dustland. It's got the beat and electronic atmospherics of Goth music but all the songs are about a mythical West, full of drought, emptiness, and angst. They make it work. I'm adding "The Dustlands," "Soul Thief," and "No Rhyme, No Reason" to rotation.
Rich Mahan’s Blame Bobby Bare is the perfect collection of country-rock tunes to play at your next all-weekend party. It’s full of drinking songs like “Tequila and Mota” and “Over served in Alabama’ and romantic ballads like “Favorite Shirt” to help you get laid. And you can win a free signed copy of Blame Bobby Bare courtesy of Rich Mahan and the Americana Music Show. Visit the Win page to enter!
On episode 129 of the Americana Music Show, Michael Rank, Ron Bartholomew, and Marc Smith play songs from In The Weeds and a new song from Michael's “Valentine's Day Trifecta.” Plus rockabilly from Semi-Twang, southern rock from the Tim Lee 3, new rock & roll from Carrie Rodriguez, country-rap from Alex Culbreth, travelin' music from the Electric Rag Band, newgrass from the Howlin' Brothers, a new ballad from J Shogren, and hepcat jive from Li'l Mo' and the Monicats.
Find your way back home,
See the bottom of this newsletter for all the links and social network stuff.
- Russellville / Black Bird County / Poor Boys Revival / 3:59
- Signal / Tim Lee 3 / Devil's Rope / 3:23
- Devil's Rope / Tim Lee 3 / Devil's Rope / 3:20
- Judging You / Tim Lee 3 / Devil's Rope / 3:00
- Says Baby Strange / Tim Lee 3 / Devil's Rope / 2:11
- Don't Take Your Love (out on me) / Hadden Sayers / Rolling Soul / 3:04
- Lay Down your Worries / Hadden Sayers / Rolling Soul / 3:18
- Tippin In / Hadden Sayers / Rolling Soul / 2:13
- Steal Your Heart / John Corbett / Leaving Nothin' Behind / 4:20
- Backside Of A Backslide / John Corbett / Leaving Nothin' Behind / 2:41
- Satin Sheets / John Corbett / Leaving Nothin' Behind / 3:12
- The Dustlands / The Walkabouts / Travels in the Dustland / 4:21
- Soul Thief / The Walkabouts / Travels in the Dustland / 4:22
- No Rhyme, No Reason / The Walkabouts / Travels in the Dustland / 4:06